There has been a lot of hand-wringing lately about how well the American educational system has prepared its graduates for the professional and social challenges of the 21st century. If you want to test the preparedness of your graduate, have him or her take this simple ten question exam.
Answer the following questions:
True or False: This is a multiple-choice question.
- A good friend of Prince Hamlet.
- When you give a speech.
- What you are willing to do for a guy when you don’t want to go all the way.
Find the Square Root of 64:
- Where did you see it last?
- Trick Question! Roots are round.
Who was the first African America President?
- Barrak Obama, the current President.
- Tennessee war-hero Samuel L. Jackson.
- George Washington Carver—first President of the United States and inventor of the peanut.
What is photosynthesis?
- The process by which the sun turns carbon dioxide into organic compounds.
- How magazines make models not look ugly.
- What you catch if you do C in question 2 above.
What is a “Drip cap?”
- A projection on the exterior of a window that channels water to the ground.
- Slang for condom.
- Yeah, its B.
What might you wear at a “playa de oceano?”
- A bathing suit and sun screen.
- A Tuxedo. I always dress up for the theater.
- If you go to one in Arizona, Kevlar.
In Squash, what is a “hot ball?”
- A ball the air in which has been super-heated by contact.
- Those little white . . . I think they’re seeds.
- My nickname from senior year.
What was the point of The Second Sex?
- That women have been defined only in terms of their apposition to and/or reflection of men.
- To try it without the schnapps.
- We didn’t want Ronnie to feel left out.
- It is a form of Islamic ornamentation.
- It’s when something is dark so you can’t see through it.
- Isn’t it that insurance duck?
Scoring: If you have to ask . . . .